Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.87 meters/second, 1515.1 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.2"||941.20 mi||west||0° 02' 23.2"||2.74 mi||north||941.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 50.9"||756.37 mi||east||0° 30' 52.1"||35.40 mi||north||755.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 1:14 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 12:14 AM||1494 km||928 miles||807 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:14 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 1:14 AM||2067 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Wed 10:14 PM||2428 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 10:14 PM||2441 km||1517 miles||1318 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Thu 1:14 AM||2525 km||1569 miles||1364 nm||SSE|
|Nagoya||Wed 10:14 PM||2612 km||1623 miles||1410 nm||NW|
|Midway||Wed 2:14 AM||2668 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:14 AM||2681 km||1666 miles||1447 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.