Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 1:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.87 meters/second, 1515.1 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.2"||941.14 mi||West||0° 02' 23.3"||2.74 mi||North||941.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 50.8"||756.31 mi||East||0° 30' 54.8"||35.44 mi||North||755.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Thu 1:14 AM||918 km||570 miles||496 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 12:14 AM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:14 PM||1602 km||995 miles||865 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Thu 1:14 AM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Wed 10:14 PM||2447 km||1520 miles||1321 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 10:14 PM||2460 km||1529 miles||1328 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Thu 1:14 AM||2514 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||SSE|
|Nagoya||Wed 10:14 PM||2632 km||1636 miles||1421 nm||NW|
|Midway||Wed 2:14 AM||2642 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:14 AM||2662 km||1654 miles||1438 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.