Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.83 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||941.04 mi||west||0° 02' 21.3"||2.70 mi||north||940.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 55.6"||756.33 mi||east||0° 30' 03.8"||34.47 mi||north||755.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 11:36 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:36 PM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:36 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 12:36 AM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Wed 10:36 PM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 10:36 PM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Wed 10:36 PM||2247 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Wed 10:36 PM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Wed 10:36 PM||2314 km||1438 miles||1249 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Wed 10:36 PM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.