Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 1:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.83 meters/second, 1515.0 km/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||941.04 mi||West||0° 02' 21.3"||2.70 mi||North||940.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 55.6"||756.33 mi||East||0° 30' 03.8"||34.47 mi||North||755.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 11:36 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:36 PM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:36 AM||1472 km||915 miles||795 nm||E|
|Palikir||Thu 12:36 AM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Wed 10:36 PM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Wed 10:36 PM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Wed 10:36 PM||2247 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Wed 10:36 PM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Wed 10:36 PM||2314 km||1438 miles||1249 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Wed 10:36 PM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.