Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.80 meters/second, 1514.9 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||north||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.6"||940.99 mi||west||0° 02' 20.1"||2.68 mi||north||940.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 58.1"||756.34 mi||east||0° 29' 38.2"||33.98 mi||north||755.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 11:46 PM||731 km||454 miles||394 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:46 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 12:46 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Thu 1:46 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||E|
|Yokohama||Wed 10:46 PM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Wed 10:46 PM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Wed 10:46 PM||1966 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Wed 10:46 PM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Wed 10:46 PM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 10:46 PM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.