Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.79 meters/second, 1514.8 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.6"||940.95 mi||West||0° 02' 19.3"||2.66 mi||North||940.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 00.0"||756.34 mi||East||0° 29' 17.7"||33.59 mi||North||755.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Wed 11:56 PM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 11:56 PM||836 km||520 miles||451 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Wed 10:56 PM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Wed 10:56 PM||1851 km||1150 miles||999 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Wed 10:56 PM||1858 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 10:56 PM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Thu 12:56 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Wed 10:56 PM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Wed 10:56 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 10:56 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1054 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.