Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 14:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.77 meters/second, 1514.8 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.5"||940.92 mi||West||0° 02' 18.7"||2.65 mi||North||940.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 01.8"||756.35 mi||East||0° 28' 59.1"||33.23 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 12:04 AM||580 km||361 miles||313 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:04 AM||780 km||485 miles||421 nm||S|
|Shizuoka||Wed 11:04 PM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 11:04 PM||1771 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Wed 11:04 PM||1774 km||1102 miles||958 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Wed 11:04 PM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Wed 11:04 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Wed 11:04 PM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 11:04 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:04 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.