Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.75 meters/second, 1514.7 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.3"||940.88 mi||West||0° 02' 17.6"||2.63 mi||North||940.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 03.8"||756.36 mi||East||0° 28' 36.0"||32.79 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 12:14 AM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:14 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 11:14 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||906 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Wed 11:14 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Wed 11:14 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Wed 11:14 PM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:14 PM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||SW|
|Sagamihara||Wed 11:14 PM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Wed 11:14 PM||1729 km||1074 miles||933 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 11:14 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||947 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.