Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.73 meters/second, 1514.6 km/hour, 941.2 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.1"||940.83 mi||West||0° 02' 16.7"||2.61 mi||North||940.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 06.0"||756.36 mi||East||0° 28' 12.8"||32.35 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 12:24 AM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:24 AM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:24 PM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 11:24 PM||1612 km||1002 miles||871 nm||N|
|Shizuoka||Wed 11:24 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||N|
|Osaka||Wed 11:24 PM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Wed 11:24 PM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||N|
|Kawasaki||Wed 11:24 PM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||N|
|Kobe||Wed 11:24 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Wed 11:24 PM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.