Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.69 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.9"||940.74 mi||West||0° 02' 14.7"||2.57 mi||North||940.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 10.6"||756.38 mi||East||0° 27' 22.0"||31.38 mi||North||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:46 AM||1235 km||767 miles||667 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Wed 11:46 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:46 PM||1440 km||895 miles||777 nm||S|
|Kumamoto||Wed 11:46 PM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Wed 10:46 PM||1542 km||958 miles||833 nm||WNW|
|Fukuoka||Wed 11:46 PM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Wed 11:46 PM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Wed 11:46 PM||1575 km||979 miles||851 nm||N|
|Kobe||Wed 11:46 PM||1577 km||980 miles||851 nm||N|
|Hamamatsu||Wed 11:46 PM||1591 km||988 miles||859 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.