Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.67 meters/second, 1514.4 km/hour, 941.0 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.7"||940.70 mi||West||0° 02' 13.6"||2.56 mi||North||940.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 12.6"||756.38 mi||East||0° 26' 58.7"||30.93 mi||North||755.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kagoshima||Wed 11:56 PM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Wed 10:56 PM||1310 km||814 miles||707 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Wed 11:56 PM||1390 km||863 miles||750 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:56 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:56 AM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||ESE|
|Quezon||Wed 10:56 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Wed 10:56 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||WSW|
|Fukuoka||Wed 11:56 PM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Wed 11:56 PM||1504 km||934 miles||812 nm||N|
|Kobe||Wed 11:56 PM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.