Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 15:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.64 meters/second, 1514.3 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.3"||940.63 mi||West||0° 02' 12.0"||2.52 mi||North||940.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 16.4"||756.39 mi||East||0° 26' 17.0"||30.14 mi||North||755.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Naha||Thu 12:14 AM||646 km||402 miles||349 nm||N|
|Taipei||Wed 11:14 PM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||NW|
|Kaohsiung||Wed 11:14 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||WNW|
|Baguio City||Wed 11:14 PM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Wed 11:14 PM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||SW|
|Manila||Wed 11:14 PM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||SW|
|Foochow||Wed 11:14 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Wed 11:14 PM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||WNW|
|Kagoshima||Thu 12:14 AM||1240 km||771 miles||670 nm||N|
|Shantou||Wed 11:14 PM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.