Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.60 meters/second, 1514.2 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||940.54 mi||West||0° 02' 09.9"||2.48 mi||North||940.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 20.7"||756.40 mi||East||0° 25' 26.1"||29.16 mi||North||755.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Wed 11:36 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Wed 11:36 PM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NW|
|Hsinchu||Wed 11:36 PM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Wed 11:36 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Wed 11:36 PM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||NNW|
|Tarlac City||Wed 11:36 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Wed 11:36 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Wed 11:36 PM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Wed 11:36 PM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Wed 11:36 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.