Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.58 meters/second, 1514.1 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.0"||940.50 mi||West||0° 02' 09.0"||2.46 mi||North||940.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 22.7"||756.41 mi||East||0° 25' 02.9"||28.72 mi||North||755.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Wed 11:46 PM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||NNW|
|Taichung||Wed 11:46 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||N|
|Hsinchu||Wed 11:46 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||N|
|Taoyuan City||Wed 11:46 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||N|
|Taipei||Wed 11:46 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||N|
|Xiamen||Wed 11:46 PM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||NW|
|Tarlac City||Wed 11:46 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||S|
|Shantou||Wed 11:46 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||NW|
|Mabalacat||Wed 11:46 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||S|
|Angeles||Wed 11:46 PM||598 km||371 miles||323 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.