Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.57 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.8"||940.46 mi||West||0° 02' 08.0"||2.45 mi||North||940.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 24.6"||756.41 mi||East||0° 24' 39.7"||28.28 mi||North||755.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Wed 11:56 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||NNE|
|Shantou||Wed 11:56 PM||382 km||238 miles||206 nm||NW|
|Xiamen||Wed 11:56 PM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||N|
|Taichung||Wed 11:56 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNE|
|Kowloon||Wed 11:56 PM||510 km||317 miles||276 nm||WNW|
|Hong Kong||Wed 11:56 PM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||WNW|
|Hsinchu||Wed 11:56 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||NNE|
|Shenzhen||Wed 11:56 PM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||WNW|
|Taoyuan City||Wed 11:56 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NNE|
|Macau||Wed 11:56 PM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.