Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 7:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 19:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.19 meters/second, 1512.7 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.8"||939.62 mi||West||0° 01' 46.0"||2.03 mi||North||939.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 02.9"||756.47 mi||East||0° 15' 45.4"||18.07 mi||North||756.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Muscat||Wed 11:46 PM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||NW|
|Seeb||Wed 11:46 PM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||NW|
|Karachi||Thu 12:46 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NE|
|Nizwa||Wed 11:46 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||WNW|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Thu 12:46 AM||751 km||467 miles||405 nm||NE|
|Al Ain||Wed 11:46 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||WNW|
|Sharjah||Wed 11:46 PM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||NW|
|Dubai||Wed 11:46 PM||953 km||592 miles||514 nm||NW|
|Abu Dhabi||Wed 11:46 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||WNW|
|Bandar-Abbas||Wed 11:16 PM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.