Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 8:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 20:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.12 meters/second, 1512.4 km/hour, 939.8 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||939.45 mi||West||0° 01' 41.3"||1.94 mi||North||939.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 09.7"||756.47 mi||East||0° 13' 49.1"||15.84 mi||North||756.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Doha||Wed 11:36 PM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||N|
|Salalah||Thu 12:36 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||SE|
|Abu Dhabi||Thu 12:36 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NE|
|Hofuf||Wed 11:36 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NNW|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Wed 11:36 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||N|
|Al Khor||Wed 11:36 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||N|
|Riffa||Wed 11:36 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||N|
|Manama||Wed 11:36 PM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||N|
|Riyadh||Wed 11:36 PM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||NW|
|Dammam||Wed 11:36 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.