Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 8:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 20:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.09 meters/second, 1512.3 km/hour, 939.7 miles/hour or 816.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.7"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.0"||939.39 mi||West||0° 01' 39.3"||1.90 mi||North||939.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 12.3"||756.47 mi||East||0° 13' 02.5"||14.95 mi||North||756.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riyadh||Wed 11:56 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||N|
|Khamis Mushait||Wed 11:56 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||SW|
|Sana||Wed 11:56 PM||625 km||388 miles||338 nm||SSW|
|Hofuf||Wed 11:56 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||NNE|
|Buraidah||Wed 11:56 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||NNW|
|Makkah||Wed 11:56 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||W|
|Al Hudaydah||Wed 11:56 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSW|
|Jeddah||Wed 11:56 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||W|
|Al Mukalla||Wed 11:56 PM||747 km||464 miles||403 nm||SSE|
|Doha||Wed 11:56 PM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.