Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.02 meters/second, 1512.1 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.5"||939.24 mi||West||0° 01' 34.6"||1.81 mi||North||939.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 18.4"||756.47 mi||East||0° 11' 06.1"||12.73 mi||North||756.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Sudan||Thu 12:46 AM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||ESE|
|Aswan||Wed 11:46 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NNW|
|Jeddah||Thu 12:46 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||ENE|
|Luxor||Wed 11:46 PM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNW|
|Khartoum||Thu 12:46 AM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||SSW|
|Makkah||Thu 12:46 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||E|
|Kassala||Thu 12:46 AM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||SSE|
|Kharga Oasis||Wed 11:46 PM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||NW|
|Teseney||Thu 12:46 AM||675 km||419 miles||365 nm||SSE|
|Medina||Thu 12:46 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.