Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.01 meters/second, 1512.0 km/hour, 939.5 miles/hour or 816.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.4"||939.22 mi||West||0° 01' 34.0"||1.80 mi||North||939.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 19.1"||756.46 mi||East||0° 10' 52.0"||12.46 mi||North||756.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aswan||Wed 11:52 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||N|
|Port Sudan||Thu 12:52 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||ESE|
|Luxor||Wed 11:52 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||N|
|Khartoum||Thu 12:52 AM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||S|
|Kharga Oasis||Wed 11:52 PM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||NNW|
|Jeddah||Thu 12:52 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||E|
|Kassala||Thu 12:52 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||SE|
|Makkah||Thu 12:52 AM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||E|
|Teseney||Thu 12:52 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SE|
|Keren||Thu 12:52 AM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.