Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 1:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 01:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.74 meters/second, 1511.1 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.9"||938.60 mi||West||0° 01' 11.4"||1.37 mi||North||938.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 40.0"||756.38 mi||East||0° 01' 46.1"||2.03 mi||North||756.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Thu 12:46 AM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||SSW|
|Santa Maria||Thu 12:46 AM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||SSE|
|Praia||Thu 12:46 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||S|
|Nouadhibou||Thu 1:46 AM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||E|
|Dakhla||Thu 1:46 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||ENE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 1:46 AM||890 km||553 miles||480 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Thu 1:46 AM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||SE|
|Rosso||Thu 1:46 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||ESE|
|Thiès||Thu 1:46 AM||997 km||620 miles||539 nm||SE|
|Banjul||Thu 1:46 AM||1130 km||702 miles||610 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.