Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.72 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||938.56 mi||west||0° 01' 09.8"||1.33 mi||north||938.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 41.1"||756.36 mi||east||0° 01' 04.1"||1.23 mi||north||756.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Thu 1:04 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SE|
|Praia||Thu 1:04 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 2:04 AM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||E|
|Dakar||Thu 2:04 AM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Thu 2:04 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Thu 2:04 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún||Thu 2:04 AM||1689 km||1050 miles||912 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada||Thu 1:04 AM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||N|
|Angra do Heroísmo||Thu 1:04 AM||1982 km||1232 miles||1070 nm||N|
|Conakry||Thu 2:04 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1081 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.