Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 2:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.72 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||938.56 mi||West||0° 01' 09.8"||1.33 mi||North||938.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 41.1"||756.36 mi||East||0° 01' 04.1"||1.23 mi||North||756.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Thu 1:04 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SE|
|Santa Maria||Thu 1:04 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||SE|
|Praia||Thu 1:04 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SE|
|Nouakchott||Thu 2:04 AM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||E|
|Dakar||Thu 2:04 AM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Thu 2:04 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Thu 2:04 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún||Thu 2:04 AM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||ENE|
|Ponta Delgada||Thu 1:04 AM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||N|
|Conakry||Thu 2:04 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1081 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.