Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.65 meters/second, 1510.7 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.2"||938.41 mi||west||0° 01' 02.9"||1.20 mi||north||938.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 44.8"||756.32 mi||east||0° 01' 41.9"||1.95 mi||south||756.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Wed 11:14 PM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 11:14 PM||1768 km||1098 miles||955 nm||W|
|Roseau||Wed 11:14 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 11:14 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 11:14 PM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Wed 11:14 PM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 11:14 PM||1851 km||1150 miles||1000 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Wed 11:14 PM||1874 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Thu 12:14 AM||1906 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||SSW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 12:14 AM||1960 km||1218 miles||1058 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.