Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 3:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 03:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.62 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.7 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.0"||938.34 mi||West||0° 00' 59.2"||1.13 mi||North||938.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 46.2"||756.29 mi||East||0° 03' 08.0"||3.59 mi||South||756.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Wed 11:52 PM||854 km||530 miles||461 nm||WSW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 11:52 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Wed 11:52 PM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Wed 11:52 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 11:52 PM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Wed 11:52 PM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 11:52 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 11:52 PM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 11:52 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||SW|
|Bridgetown||Wed 11:52 PM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.