Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 8:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 08:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.42 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.0"||937.89 mi||West||0° 00' 30.1"||0.58 mi||North||937.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 47.2"||755.97 mi||East||0° 14' 48.5"||16.98 mi||South||756.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Thu 12:52 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Thu 12:52 AM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Thu 12:52 AM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Thu 12:52 AM||1733 km||1077 miles||936 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 1:52 AM||1852 km||1150 miles||1000 nm||ENE|
|San Jose (USA)||Thu 12:52 AM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Thu 12:52 AM||1921 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNE|
|Oakland||Thu 12:52 AM||1927 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Thu 1:52 AM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||NE|
|Sacramento||Thu 12:52 AM||2029 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.