Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 9:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 09:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.39 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.8"||937.83 mi||West||0° 00' 24.2"||0.47 mi||North||937.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 44.9"||755.89 mi||East||0° 17' 08.5"||19.66 mi||South||756.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 11:52 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||W|
|San Francisco||Thu 1:52 AM||2623 km||1630 miles||1416 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 1:52 AM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Thu 1:52 AM||2710 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:52 PM||2718 km||1689 miles||1468 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas||Thu 1:52 AM||3066 km||1905 miles||1655 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 2:52 AM||3204 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Thu 2:52 AM||3216 km||1998 miles||1736 nm||ENE|
|Seattle||Thu 1:52 AM||3428 km||2130 miles||1851 nm||NNE|
|Vancouver||Thu 1:52 AM||3545 km||2203 miles||1914 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.