Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.38 meters/second, 1509.8 km/hour, 938.1 miles/hour or 815.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.5"||937.81 mi||West||0° 00' 21.3"||0.41 mi||North||937.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 43.6"||755.85 mi||East||0° 18' 18.5"||20.99 mi||South||756.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 12:22 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Thu 12:22 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Fri 12:22 AM||2303 km||1431 miles||1244 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Wed 11:22 PM||3000 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Thu 2:22 AM||3148 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Thu 2:22 AM||3331 km||2070 miles||1798 nm||ENE|
|Las Vegas||Thu 2:22 AM||3670 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:22 PM||3786 km||2352 miles||2044 nm||SW|
|Seattle||Thu 2:22 AM||3795 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Thu 3:22 AM||3868 km||2403 miles||2088 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.