Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||937.71 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||937.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 31.4"||755.57 mi||east||0° 25' 15.9"||28.97 mi||south||757.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:20 AM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:20 AM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 2:20 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 12:20 AM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:20 AM||2228 km||1384 miles||1203 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:20 AM||2376 km||1477 miles||1283 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 11:20 PM||2594 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:20 AM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Thu 10:20 PM||3197 km||1986 miles||1726 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 12:20 AM||3469 km||2155 miles||1873 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.