Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||937.71 mi||West||0° 00' 04.1"||0.08 mi||North||937.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 31.5"||755.57 mi||East||0° 25' 13.3"||28.92 mi||South||757.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:20 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:20 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 2:20 AM||1670 km||1037 miles||901 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 12:20 AM||1888 km||1173 miles||1020 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:20 AM||2221 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:20 AM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 11:20 PM||2621 km||1629 miles||1415 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:20 AM||2836 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Thu 10:20 PM||3219 km||2000 miles||1738 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 1:20 AM||3473 km||2158 miles||1875 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.