Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||937.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.5"||0.03 mi||North||937.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 29.2"||755.52 mi||East||0° 26' 13.8"||30.08 mi||South||757.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:46 AM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Fri 12:46 AM||1601 km||995 miles||864 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:46 AM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 11:46 PM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Thu 2:46 AM||2246 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:46 AM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:46 AM||2473 km||1537 miles||1335 nm||SSE|
|Tokyo||Thu 10:46 PM||2712 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:46 AM||3286 km||2042 miles||1774 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Thu 10:46 PM||3288 km||2043 miles||1775 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.