Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.63 mi||west||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||north||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||937.77 mi||west||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||north||937.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 29.2"||755.57 mi||east||0° 26' 16.4"||30.13 mi||south||757.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 1:46 AM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Fri 12:46 AM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 1:46 AM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 11:46 PM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Thu 2:46 AM||2272 km||1412 miles||1227 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:46 AM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:46 AM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||SSE|
|Tokyo||Thu 10:46 PM||2691 km||1672 miles||1453 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Thu 10:46 PM||3262 km||2027 miles||1761 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:46 AM||3307 km||2055 miles||1785 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.