Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.8"||937.71 mi||West||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||South||937.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 26.5"||755.47 mi||East||0° 27' 18.9"||31.32 mi||South||757.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 2:14 AM||1219 km||758 miles||658 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Fri 12:14 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Fri 1:14 AM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Thu 11:14 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Thu 11:14 PM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Fri 2:14 AM||2326 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||SE|
|Nagoya||Thu 11:14 PM||2379 km||1479 miles||1285 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Thu 11:14 PM||2453 km||1524 miles||1324 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Thu 11:14 PM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Thu 11:14 PM||2478 km||1539 miles||1338 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.