Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.8"||937.70 mi||West||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||South||937.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 24.4"||755.43 mi||East||0° 28' 10.1"||32.30 mi||South||757.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 12:36 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 12:36 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 2:36 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 1:36 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Thu 11:36 PM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Thu 11:36 PM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 11:36 PM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Thu 11:36 PM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Thu 11:36 PM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Thu 11:36 PM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.