Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||937.70 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||937.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 22.3"||755.40 mi||East||0° 28' 56.6"||33.19 mi||South||757.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 12:56 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 12:56 AM||825 km||513 miles||445 nm||S|
|Hamamatsu||Thu 11:56 PM||1684 km||1046 miles||909 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Thu 11:56 PM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Thu 11:56 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Thu 11:56 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Thu 11:56 PM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 11:56 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Thu 11:56 PM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 11:56 PM||1784 km||1109 miles||963 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.