Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.34 meters/second, 1509.6 km/hour, 938.0 miles/hour or 815.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||937.71 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||937.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 16.7"||755.30 mi||East||0° 30' 52.9"||35.41 mi||South||757.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kagoshima||Fri 12:46 AM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||N|
|Taipei||Thu 11:46 PM||1250 km||776 miles||675 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Fri 12:46 AM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||N|
|Fukuoka||Fri 12:46 AM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||N|
|Quezon||Thu 11:46 PM||1428 km||887 miles||771 nm||WSW|
|Matsuyama||Fri 12:46 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||N|
|Manila||Thu 11:46 PM||1441 km||896 miles||778 nm||WSW|
|Kitakyushu||Fri 12:46 AM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Fri 12:46 AM||1497 km||930 miles||809 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 1:46 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.