Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 8:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 20:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.42 meters/second, 1509.9 km/hour, 938.2 miles/hour or 815.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.7"||937.90 mi||West||0° 00' 39.3"||0.75 mi||South||937.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 32.3"||754.66 mi||East||0° 42' 27.9"||48.69 mi||South||757.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Muscat||Fri 12:46 AM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NNW|
|Nizwa||Fri 12:46 AM||365 km||227 miles||197 nm||NW|
|Seeb||Fri 12:46 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||NW|
|Dubai||Fri 12:46 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||NW|
|Abu Dhabi||Fri 12:46 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||NW|
|Salalah||Fri 12:46 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||WSW|
|Bandar-Abbas||Fri 12:16 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||NNW|
|Karachi||Fri 1:46 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||NE|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Fri 1:46 AM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||ENE|
|Doha||Thu 11:46 PM||1021 km||635 miles||551 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.