Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.46 meters/second, 1510.0 km/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.8"||937.98 mi||West||0° 00' 45.7"||0.88 mi||South||938.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 20.2"||754.50 mi||East||0° 45' 00.2"||51.60 mi||South||758.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Khamis Mushait||Fri 12:52 AM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||SSW|
|Makkah||Fri 12:52 AM||479 km||297 miles||258 nm||W|
|Riyadh||Fri 12:52 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||NNE|
|Jeddah||Fri 12:52 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||W|
|Buraidah||Fri 12:52 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||N|
|Sana||Fri 12:52 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||S|
|Medina||Fri 12:52 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||NW|
|Al Hudaydah||Fri 12:52 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||SSW|
|Port Sudan||Fri 12:52 AM||757 km||471 miles||409 nm||W|
|Ta'izz||Fri 12:52 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.