Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.47 meters/second, 1510.1 kilometres/hour, 938.3 miles/hour or 815.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 00.8"||0.01 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 44.9"||938.02 mi||West||0° 00' 48.7"||0.93 mi||South||938.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 14.5"||754.43 mi||East||0° 46' 09.3"||52.92 mi||South||758.18 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Sudan||Fri 1:22 AM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||S|
|Jeddah||Fri 1:22 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||ENE|
|Makkah||Fri 1:22 AM||286 km||177 miles||154 nm||ENE|
|Medina||Fri 1:22 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Aswan||Fri 12:22 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NW|
|Keren||Fri 1:22 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SSE|
|Kassala||Fri 1:22 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||S|
|Teseney||Fri 1:22 AM||640 km||398 miles||345 nm||S|
|Asmara||Fri 1:22 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SSE|
|Khamis Mushait||Fri 1:22 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.