Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 12:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 00:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.56 meters/second, 1510.4 km/hour, 938.5 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.3"||938.20 mi||West||0° 01' 00.1"||1.15 mi||South||938.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 49.8"||754.13 mi||East||0° 50' 40.8"||58.11 mi||South||758.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arlit||Fri 1:20 AM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||SSW|
|Agadez||Fri 1:20 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||S|
|Zinder||Fri 1:20 AM||781 km||485 miles||422 nm||S|
|Maradi||Fri 1:20 AM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||S|
|In Salah||Fri 1:20 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NW|
|Kano||Fri 1:20 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||S|
|Niamey||Fri 1:20 AM||1061 km||659 miles||573 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Fri 1:20 AM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||SE|
|Timbuktu||Fri 12:20 AM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||WSW|
|Abuja||Fri 1:20 AM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.