Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.59 meters/second, 1510.5 kilometres/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||938.29 mi||West||0° 01' 05.1"||1.24 mi||South||938.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 38.7"||754.00 mi||East||0° 52' 35.7"||60.30 mi||South||758.55 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Fri 1:10 AM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 1:10 AM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||S|
|Tidjikja||Fri 1:10 AM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||WSW|
|Koutiala||Fri 1:10 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Fri 1:10 AM||958 km||596 miles||518 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 1:10 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||SSE|
|Tamanrasset||Fri 2:10 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||ENE|
|Niamey||Fri 2:10 AM||1010 km||627 miles||545 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Fri 1:10 AM||1023 km||635 miles||552 nm||SSW|
|El Aaiún||Fri 1:10 AM||1204 km||748 miles||650 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.