Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.60 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||938.31 mi||West||0° 01' 06.1"||1.26 mi||South||938.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 36.5"||753.97 mi||East||0° 52' 58.5"||60.74 mi||South||758.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Fri 1:20 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||SE|
|Tidjikja||Fri 1:20 AM||625 km||389 miles||338 nm||WSW|
|Smara||Fri 1:20 AM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||NW|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 1:20 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SSE|
|Bamako||Fri 1:20 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSW|
|Koutiala||Fri 1:20 AM||936 km||582 miles||505 nm||S|
|El Aaiún||Fri 1:20 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NW|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 1:20 AM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||SSE|
|Nouakchott||Fri 1:20 AM||1094 km||679 miles||590 nm||WSW|
|Niamey||Fri 2:20 AM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.