Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 01:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.61 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.5"||938.33 mi||West||0° 01' 06.9"||1.28 mi||South||938.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 34.1"||753.94 mi||East||0° 53' 21.5"||61.18 mi||South||758.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Fri 1:30 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||SW|
|Timbuktu||Fri 1:30 AM||723 km||449 miles||391 nm||SE|
|Smara||Fri 1:30 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||NNW|
|Dakhla||Fri 1:30 AM||840 km||522 miles||453 nm||WNW|
|Nouakchott||Fri 1:30 AM||853 km||530 miles||460 nm||WSW|
|El Aaiún||Fri 1:30 AM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||NW|
|Cape Bojador||Fri 1:30 AM||855 km||532 miles||462 nm||NW|
|Nouadhibou||Fri 1:30 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||W|
|Bamako||Fri 1:30 AM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||S|
|Rosso||Fri 1:30 AM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.