Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.68 meters/second, 1510.8 km/hour, 938.8 miles/hour or 815.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||south||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.9"||938.48 mi||west||0° 01' 14.4"||1.42 mi||south||938.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 15.9"||753.74 mi||east||0° 56' 15.5"||64.50 mi||south||758.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 1:46 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||SSE|
|Santa Maria||Fri 1:46 AM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||SE|
|Praia||Fri 1:46 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||SSE|
|Nouadhibou||Fri 2:46 AM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Fri 2:46 AM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Fri 2:46 AM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||ESE|
|Banjul||Fri 2:46 AM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún||Fri 2:46 AM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Fri 2:46 AM||1551 km||964 miles||837 nm||SE|
|Conakry||Fri 2:46 AM||1877 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.