Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 04:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 04:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.78 meters/second, 1511.2 km/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||south||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.3"||938.70 mi||west||0° 01' 23.8"||1.60 mi||south||938.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 51.2"||753.46 mi||east||0° 59' 57.2"||68.74 mi||south||759.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 12:22 AM||1285 km||799 miles||694 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 12:22 AM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 12:22 AM||1321 km||821 miles||713 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 12:22 AM||1323 km||822 miles||715 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 12:22 AM||1334 km||829 miles||720 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 12:22 AM||1362 km||846 miles||735 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 12:22 AM||1366 km||848 miles||737 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Fri 12:22 AM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||SW|
|Saint George's||Fri 12:22 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 12:22 AM||1644 km||1021 miles||888 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.