Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 4:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 04:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.78 meters/second, 1511.2 kilometres/hour, 939.0 miles/hour or 816.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.03 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.3"||938.70 mi||West||0° 01' 23.6"||1.60 mi||South||938.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 51.4"||753.47 mi||East||0° 59' 54.7"||68.69 mi||South||759.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Fri 12:22 AM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 12:22 AM||1330 km||827 miles||718 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 12:22 AM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Fri 12:22 AM||1349 km||838 miles||729 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 12:22 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||WSW|
|Castries||Fri 12:22 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Fri 12:22 AM||1394 km||866 miles||752 nm||WSW|
|Kingstown||Fri 12:22 AM||1462 km||909 miles||790 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Fri 12:22 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||SW|
|Port of Spain||Fri 12:22 AM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.