Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 7:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.99 meters/second, 1512.0 km/hour, 939.5 miles/hour or 816.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.6"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.4"||939.18 mi||West||0° 01' 41.0"||1.93 mi||South||939.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 01.8"||752.94 mi||East||1° 06' 39.1"||76.42 mi||South||759.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Merida||Fri 1:20 AM||358 km||223 miles||193 nm||E|
|Veracruz||Fri 1:20 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||WSW|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez||Fri 1:20 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||S|
|Orange Walk Town||Fri 1:20 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||ESE|
|Chetumal||Fri 1:20 AM||555 km||345 miles||299 nm||ESE|
|Oaxaca||Fri 1:20 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Belmopan||Fri 1:20 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||SE|
|San Pedro||Fri 1:20 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||ESE|
|Belize City||Fri 1:20 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||SE|
|Playa del Carmen||Fri 1:20 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.