Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 9:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 09:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.16 meters/second, 1512.6 km/hour, 939.9 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.3"||939.56 mi||West||0° 01' 52.7"||2.15 mi||South||939.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 24.6"||752.56 mi||East||1° 11' 14.8"||81.68 mi||South||759.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Fri 1:22 AM||1428 km||887 miles||771 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Fri 1:22 AM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 2:22 AM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||NE|
|Mexicali||Fri 1:22 AM||1505 km||935 miles||813 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 1:22 AM||1546 km||960 miles||835 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Fri 2:22 AM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Fri 2:22 AM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Fri 1:22 AM||1852 km||1151 miles||1000 nm||N|
|Las Vegas||Fri 1:22 AM||1863 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Fri 1:22 AM||1899 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.