Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 10:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 10:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.23 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||939.72 mi||West||0° 01' 57.5"||2.25 mi||South||939.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 08.7"||752.40 mi||East||1° 13' 07.4"||83.83 mi||South||759.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Fri 2:12 AM||2191 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Fri 2:12 AM||2192 km||1362 miles||1184 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 2:12 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 2:12 AM||2227 km||1384 miles||1203 nm||NNE|
|San Francisco||Fri 2:12 AM||2239 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Fri 2:12 AM||2324 km||1444 miles||1255 nm||NE|
|Sacramento||Fri 2:12 AM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Fri 12:12 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1302 nm||W|
|Las Vegas||Fri 2:12 AM||2561 km||1591 miles||1383 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 3:12 AM||2566 km||1594 miles||1386 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.