Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.25 meters/second, 1512.9 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.04 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.8"||939.76 mi||West||0° 01' 58.4"||2.26 mi||South||939.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 05.5"||752.37 mi||East||1° 13' 29.8"||84.26 mi||South||760.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Fri 12:22 AM||2161 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||W|
|San Jose||Fri 2:22 AM||2365 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Fri 2:22 AM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Fri 2:22 AM||2377 km||1477 miles||1284 nm||NE|
|San Diego||Fri 2:22 AM||2386 km||1483 miles||1289 nm||NE|
|Tijuana||Fri 2:22 AM||2387 km||1483 miles||1289 nm||NE|
|Sacramento||Fri 2:22 AM||2491 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Fri 2:22 AM||2524 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Fri 2:22 AM||2740 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 3:22 AM||2794 km||1736 miles||1509 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.