Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 11:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.34 meters/second, 1513.2 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||South||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 49.4"||939.97 mi||West||0° 02' 04.2"||2.37 mi||South||940.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 45.8"||752.18 mi||East||1° 15' 44.5"||86.84 mi||South||760.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Fri 1:22 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||WSW|
|Wailuku||Fri 1:22 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:22 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:22 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 12:22 AM||2743 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||WNW|
|San Francisco||Fri 3:22 AM||3395 km||2110 miles||1833 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:22 PM||3525 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Fri 3:22 AM||3600 km||2237 miles||1944 nm||ENE|
|Unalaska||Fri 2:22 AM||3908 km||2429 miles||2110 nm||NNW|
|Las Vegas||Fri 3:22 AM||3934 km||2444 miles||2124 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.