Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.54 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||south||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.6"||940.42 mi||west||0° 02' 15.6"||2.59 mi||south||940.54 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 54.6"||751.79 mi||west||1° 20' 08.5"||91.88 mi||south||760.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 2:20 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Sat 1:20 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 1:20 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:20 AM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:20 AM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:20 AM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 1:20 AM||2722 km||1691 miles||1470 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sat 12:20 AM||2782 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:20 AM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:20 AM||3223 km||2003 miles||1740 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.