Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 1:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 13:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.54 meters/second, 1514.0 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.6"||940.42 mi||West||0° 02' 15.6"||2.59 mi||South||940.54 mi|
|24 hours||348° 23' 54.6"||751.79 mi||West||1° 20' 08.5"||91.88 mi||South||760.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 2:20 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Sat 1:20 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 1:20 AM||1744 km||1083 miles||942 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:20 AM||2240 km||1392 miles||1209 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:20 AM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Fri 3:20 AM||2317 km||1440 miles||1251 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 1:20 AM||2723 km||1692 miles||1470 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Sat 12:20 AM||2782 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:20 AM||3211 km||1995 miles||1734 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:20 AM||3223 km||2003 miles||1740 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.