Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.70 meters/second, 1514.5 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||South||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.5"||940.77 mi||West||0° 02' 23.7"||2.75 mi||South||940.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 34.5"||751.50 mi||East||1° 23' 19.8"||95.54 mi||South||760.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 2:46 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||E|
|Palikir||Sat 1:46 AM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 12:46 AM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 2:46 AM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sat 2:46 AM||2475 km||1538 miles||1337 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Fri 11:46 PM||2530 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||NW|
|Midway||Fri 3:46 AM||2536 km||1576 miles||1369 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Fri 11:46 PM||2536 km||1576 miles||1369 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sat 2:46 AM||2594 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 11:46 PM||2998 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.