Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 16:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 16:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.88 meters/second, 1515.2 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.69 mi||west||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||south||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.6"||941.19 mi||west||0° 02' 33.0"||2.92 mi||south||941.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 58.4"||751.17 mi||east||1° 26' 55.0"||99.65 mi||south||761.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Sat 2:22 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||SE|
|Kagoshima||Sat 1:22 AM||1339 km||832 miles||723 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Sat 1:22 AM||1429 km||888 miles||772 nm||S|
|Kumamoto||Sat 1:22 AM||1458 km||906 miles||787 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Sat 12:22 AM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||WNW|
|Fukuoka||Sat 1:22 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Sat 1:22 AM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Sat 1:22 AM||1583 km||983 miles||855 nm||N|
|Kobe||Sat 1:22 AM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||N|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 1:22 AM||1602 km||995 miles||865 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.