Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.03 meters/second, 1515.7 km/hour, 941.8 miles/hour or 818.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.4"||941.52 mi||West||0° 02' 39.9"||3.06 mi||South||941.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 30.5"||750.92 mi||East||1° 29' 35.9"||102.72 mi||South||761.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Shantou||Sat 1:36 AM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||NNW|
|Kaohsiung||Sat 1:36 AM||397 km||247 miles||215 nm||NE|
|Kowloon||Sat 1:36 AM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||WNW|
|Hong Kong||Sat 1:36 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||WNW|
|Xiamen||Sat 1:36 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||N|
|Shenzhen||Sat 1:36 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||WNW|
|Macau||Sat 1:36 AM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||WNW|
|Taichung||Sat 1:36 AM||508 km||315 miles||274 nm||NNE|
|Guangzhou||Sat 1:36 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||WNW|
|Foshan||Sat 1:36 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.