Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 30, 2012 at 10:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 22:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.67 meters/second, 1518.0 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.0"||942.95 mi||West||0° 03' 06.8"||3.57 mi||South||943.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 34.6"||749.92 mi||East||1° 40' 00.8"||114.65 mi||South||762.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riyadh||Sat 1:22 AM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||NNW|
|Hofuf||Sat 1:22 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||N|
|Al Mukalla||Sat 1:22 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||S|
|Doha||Sat 1:22 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||NNE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Sat 1:22 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||NNE|
|Salalah||Sat 2:22 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||ESE|
|Khamis Mushait||Sat 1:22 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||WSW|
|Al Khor||Sat 1:22 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Riffa||Sat 1:22 AM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Manama||Sat 1:22 AM||703 km||437 miles||379 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.